Art Therapy Intern Information
- Attendance at an all day training on Friday July 21, 2017 is mandatory – no exceptions will be made.
- Interns start with clients the week of July 24, 2017.
- Last day is June 8, 2018.
- Some interns start early by helping with support groups for the summer.
- Prior to the start date of your internship you will be required to read two books from a list I will provide.
- You will attend mandatory meetings/group supervision on Monday between 1pm and 3pm.
- We will have group supervision time as well as some training sessions.
- Wednesday we will have 1:1 supervision.
- Non-client hours can be completed at home.
- For those needing 1000 hours, this requirement can be met during this internship.
- Monday through Thursday in the AM; or Friday, Saturday, and Sunday anytime.
- Art Therapy Group is on Tuesday evening.
- You are required to record sessions with clients – requires your own tape recorder or digital recorder.
Typical Case Load:
- At The Awakening Center: 2-5 individuals generally college age thru adult, mostly women – diverse ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation dealing with eating disorders, trauma, anxiety, depression, relationship issues and life transitions.
- At Hamilton School: 6-10 school age children individually and in groups. Hamilton is a K-8 school located 1 block from TAC.
- You will lead the Art Therapy Group and co-lead the Eating Disorder support group (both are on Tuesday evenings).
- Interns do not see families, nor do they do family therapy.
- You will be trained in and use a variety of therapy treatment models such as: IFS, Psychodynamic, DBT, eastern philosophies, and mindfulness.
- You will also be required to lead various workshops (depression, body image, help for family members, etc.).
- You are also expected to attend and work a variety of events as a part of TAC including but not limited to: wellness fairs, NEDA walk, and The Awakening Center symposium.
When you come for your interview, please come a few minutes early so we may start on time. There is a directory to the left of the front door, please find "Grabowski, Amy" in the directory and Amy will buzz you in. Please have a seat in the waiting room, and Amy will come get you at your appointment time.